Thursday 25 April 2013

Wise man

Zichy,Mihaly: Az emberi tehetetlenseg (Human Helplessness)


I sat before the wise man
In the autumn of my youth
And I told him all
The things I had to know
He said you have the future
If you need to find the truth
And in his eyes
I saw that it was so

So I came right out
And asked him
The meaning of life
And as he smiled
I saw a twinkle in his eyes
He said with all his years
There's still so much
He has to learn
And once again I saw that it was so

Keep on living, loving
Waiting your turn
It's the only way to
Ease your concern
If you want to find
Your dream, be sure
You don't wake up too soon
Or you'll find it easier
Shooting for the moon

Wise man, wise man
Which way shall I run
There's so many roads
So many ways to turn
I am like a blind man
Lost in the sun
I wanna be like you
And be a wise man too
But I'm looking for
An easy way to learn