Thursday 7 July 2011

Romance (in F major)




In the early morning just at daybreak
I am faced with the steps that I must take
And I know we can't be together
No, not today, tomorrow or forever

As in a dream I turn for a moment
I feel the joy of that our love meant
It hurts to know that we can't be together
Not today, tomorrow or forever

I can only dream now of New York and Paris
And of the days in my grand Moscow palace
I won't forget, I will always remember
Though you are gone, not just for now but forever

We will never forget, Hallelujah, Hallelujah ...

Don't say goodbye my love, our hearts sadly yearning
Can it be true you won't be returning
The way you said we cannot be together
No, not today, tomorrow or forever

And I will live for you in every lonely place
In every moment's sleep I will see your face
But as I reach out and try to touch your hand
You're not there, Oh God, how can I understand

And so farewell to a love so forsaken
A sad hello to the steps fate has taken
The cards are down, we cannot be together
But I will treasure your memory forever

The book is closed now, we cannot be together
But in our hearts we'll have each other forever
We'll live apart with love together forever
We'll live apart but love together forever