Thursday 7 July 2011

Bram Stoker's Dracula



Dracula:
- I have crossed oceans of time to find you.
- The luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds true love.
- What devil or witch was ever so great as Attila whose blood flows through these veins?
- [as Dracula's shadow falls over Mina] Tu eşti dragostea vieţii mele... vieţii mele.
Translation: you are the love of my life... of my life.
- I am the monster that breathing men would kill. I am Dracula.
- [about the wolves that are howling] Listen to them: (evil laughs) the children of the night. What sweet music they make.
- Where is my god, he has forsaken me.
- Do you think you can destroy me with your items? I who served the cross, I who commanded nations, hundreds of years before you were born?
- There is much to be learned from beasts.

Mina:
- A land beyond a great vast forest surrounded by majestic mountains and lush vineyards and flowers of such frailty and beauty as to be found no where else.
- The princess, she´s a river filled with tears of sadness and...heartbreak.
- I love you! Oh, God forgive me, I do!
- Can a man and a woman really do...THAT???
- (VO) (watching Lucy flirt with many suitors at the party) Lucy is a pure and virtuous girl. But, I admit that her free way of speaking shocks me sometimes. Jonathan says it is a defect of the aristocracy that they say what they please. The truth is that I admire Lucy, and I'm not surprised that men flock around her. I wish I were as pretty and as adored as she.
- (as light illiminates the chapel) There, in the presence of God, I understood at last how my love could release us all from the powers of darkness. Our love is stronger than death.

Intro:

The Brides: